If you have a great idea on how to use or improve High Capacity Satellites (HCS), but need funding or development support…then you came to the right place. Viasat and the European Space Agency (ESA) have collaborated to create the HCS Applications Factory, offering up to 50% funding for projects that help accelerate and materialise HCS innovation. Through the Space Hub, Viasat helps you navigate the application process and bring those great ideas to life through collaboration, testing and integration support.
Delivering affordable broadband connectivity to all corners of the earth, the HCS industry is estimated to be worth over €500bn by 2030. Jump start your involvement today and become part of Europe’s HCS centre of excellence.
- Step 1: Become a Member
- Step 2: Submit Your Idea
- Step 3: Complete the Application
- Step 4: Get Funded and Create
Who Should Join?
- Anyone who has an innovative activity or idea that will use or improve HCS, including Small-to-Medium Enterprises (SMEs), start-ups, academia and new High Capacity Satellite (HCS) entrants
- Those who need support in funding or developing HCS idea into viable products
- People who want to connect with others in the HCS community
Benefits of Becoming a Member
- Improve and expedite chances of securing funding
- Direct engagement with Viasat, from concept through to product delivery
- Access to HCS technical information, testing facilities and support staff
- Space-focused knowledgebase
- Learn about new HCS opportunities
- Connect with potential partners
- Follow-on manufacturing contracts and complimentary products and services
- Inclusion in the HCS ecosystem
To be eligible for funding from ESA you need to be a resident of an ESA Member State (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom) and meet the idea submission criteria.
- Do you have an idea that could develop a new business opportunity taking advantage of HCS?
- Can you help accelerate the development of HCS technologies and capabilities?
- Will your idea provide economic or societal benefit within Europe (revenue, jobs created/safeguarded, IP created, social impact, etc)?